Categories
Uncategorized

Lowdham

Located on Gunthorpe Road in Lowdham, this superb nursery is set in lush countryside within walking distance of the village of Low dham. The nursery offers a friendly home-to-home environment, supported by warm-hearted, caring and mature staff with extensive childcare experience.
Guests can play outdoors and take advantage of the village’s excellent transport links. Helpful are a range of activities and activities for all ages, as well as a variety of toys and games.
The village of Burton – on – Joyce also has its own public library, which is just a 10-minute walk from the apartment, as well as a number of shops, restaurants, cafes, shops and restaurants.
Lowdham Station is a Grade II listed railway station serving the village of LowDham in Nottinghamshire, England. The building originally consisted of the station building and the station master’s house, combined with a goods shed and stables for horses and dragons to transport goods to and from the villages. On the opposite side of the railway is the Lampenhütte, with its own public library and a range of shops and restaurants.
The two main streets that run through the village, High Street and Lampenhutte Road, are bordered on one side by the railway station and on the other by a small street.
The remnant from the Middle Ages is an alabaster plate with the figure of a knight in armour, engraved in memory of Sir John de Loudham in the sanctuary of the church. The direct male line of the family seems to have died out, but it is likely that the monument commemorates him from a much later time. Born in 1345, he was a crusading member of the family of his father, the Earl of Norfolk.
The prominence of the Ludhams does not appear to have been recognised by Nottinghamshire historians. There is evidence today of the frame knitting industry, which was important in the area until the 19th century, as well as the construction of a number of houses.
St Mary’s Church, Lowdham, is commemorated with a statue of the Virgin Mary, daughter of John, Bishop of Nottingham, who died in 1318. Later she was the wife of Sir William Wilkins, a member of the Ludham family, and the mother of King Henry III of England.
Henry Mullys during his visit to Lowdham during the reign of King Henry III of England in 1340.
Under the Tolerance Act of 1689, Jane Bush’s widow registered a nonconformist assembly house in Lowdham. At the same time William Kirke of Gunthorpe made a legal declaration as a Quaker, and his wife Jane caused him to be absent from the church for a month. banco bancoppel
Ralph de Limosin, believed to be the founder of the Priory of Hertford, once held a large part of the village, and his family held large parts of it. After his death, the place passed to his sons and daughters, who were connected with the Odingsells for many generations. Sir Peter de Montford, who was killed in the Battle of Evesham and is still described as a “great man” and was a tenant of the estate during Henry III’s reign, is associated with Lowdham.
The famous Simon de Montford gave the King his estate Gunthorpe, and Herbert Rossell married the sister of Archbishop Cranmer, so the estate here belonged to the Rossellings of Ratcliffe. Part of the tithe, originally from Ludeham, was given to a monastery in Blyth by Thomas Bysets, Bishop of London, whose vast property was assigned to his brother-in-law, the Archbishop of Canterbury. He also gave Bykes the estate in Ludham in exchange for a promise to reclaim his land in Scotland.
History has a lot to say about what Simon de Montford did, which does not need to be reproduced here, so I will refer in more detail to Bysets, which was of more local significance. In 1246 he received a gift from Lowdham, but it did not take him long and he found himself back in national affairs.
Almost the only relic from antiquity that is preserved in the parish today is the image of a knight and his dog, who was born at the same time as the knight’s son, Simon de Montford. Dr. Brewer said, “Many of the Crusaders are represented here and show that they have followed the standard of our Lord, just as a dog follows in the footsteps of its master. The dog is at the foot of this picture, so it can be assumed that the knights must have been warriors.